North Sea countries forge alliance to build energy knowledge base
Scotland, Norway (Rogaland), Northern Germany (Ems-Achse) and Northern Netherlands (Energy Valley) have formed a unique alliance called ENSEA (European North Sea Energy Alliance) to develop knowledge of energy transition. All of these North Sea countries possess specific expertise. The collaboration between Europe's leading players in the production and transport of natural gas and electricity (Energy Valley), exploration of fossil fuels oil and gas (Scotland), sustainable energy (Niedersachsen) and the supplier of clean energy (Rogaland) allows a knowledge base to be built on the integration of conventional and sustainable energy resources and its application. The European Union supports this project and has awarded a € 3 million grant to the new Region of Knowledge.
Scottish, Norwegian and Northern German partners
It was the Energy Valley Foundation that sought collaboration with knowledge institutes, governments and the business community in Scotland, Norway and Northern Germany. After an intensive negotiation with the European Commission, a grant of € 3 million has been awarded from the EU's FP7, the seventh framework programme for research and technological development. The European Union has awarded the title 'Region of Knowledge' to the alliance, because it is all about knowledge development and research activities undertaken in a joint effort by knowledge institutes, governments and businesses.
Kick-off on 8 October in Papenburg
The project will be officially launched at Forum Alte Werft in Papenburg on 8 October 2012. The launch will be attended by David McAllister, the Prime Minister of the federal state of Niedersachsen, Max van den Berg, Royal Commissioner of Groningen, Ms Janne Johnsen, Federal State President of Rogaland, and Hans Peter Beck, chairman of the Energie Forschung Zentrum Niedersachsen.
The term 'energy transition' refers to the process of transition from energy supply based on fossil fuels to more sustainable energy production, for instance using wind or solar energy or by applying biomass.
- 01 apr 2019 Groningen Seaports gaat offshore wind startups faciliteren vanuit Nijlicht in Eems..
- 22 mrt 2019 De rol van havens in de energietransitie – tweejarig onderzoek uitgevoerd door ECN..
- 18 mrt 2019 Forse impuls voor scheepsbouw in Groningen
- 15 mrt 2019 Baggerschip Ecodelta biedt nieuw perspectief voor noordelijke scheepsbouwsector
- 14 mrt 2019 Smart Farmer Grid 2.0: onafhankelijk en integraal energieadvies cruciaal voor ener..
- 06 mrt 2019 MHI Vestas vestigt zich in Eemshaven voor onderhoud windmolenparken op zee